Farm Livestock Insurance in Swea City and Estherville, IA
Animals Are Assets Too.
Farmers and ranchers face multiple risks and perils that could negatively affect the organization’s financial future. Contact Cornerstone Insurance Services in Swea City, IA, to learn more about policies and endorsements that can help protect your farm or ranch.
Can You Get Insurance on Livestock?
Multiple types of livestock insurance are available to help protect your farm or ranch from the financial consequences of losing valuable income-producing animals. Your agent can help evaluate your situation and recommend appropriate coverage. They may be able to help you obtain insurance to help cover a number of livestock losses and situations, including:
What Is a Livestock Insurance Policy?
- Contaminated water and feed
Livestock insurance provides financial protection against unexpected events and accidents that may damage or destroy your animals. It may also help cover certain financial losses
Depending on your needs, your agent may recommend blanket coverage, which helps cover your property, equipment and livestock, or individual coverage to help provide protection for individual animals.
What Does Livestock Insurance Cover?
A livestock insurance policy tailored to meet the needs of your farm or ranch may include the following:
- Scheduled livestock coverage to help cover animals identified by the owner. Each insured animal has an individual insurance limit. This coverage may be ideal for high-value animals.
- Unscheduled (blanket) livestock coverage helps provide coverage for farm property and has a single policy limit. The policy includes a coverage cushion if the farm property value fluctuates or the farm adds property.
Your agent may also recommend additional livestock insurance solutions, including:
- Livestock transit insurance
- Livestock ocean marine transit insurance
- Feedlot, pasture and dairy cattle insurance
- Higher-value animal insurance
- Livestock auction market or packer insurance
Depending on the needs of your operation, your agent may also recommend:
- Dairy revenue protection helps provide financial protection against declines in revenue on milk produced by dairy cows.
- Livestock gross margin helps provide protection against loss of gross margin, which is calculated by subtracting feed costs from the market value of livestock.
- Livestock risk protection (LRP) helps provide protection against price declines.
General livestock insurance may not provide coverage for animal deaths caused by natural causes and old age, but specialized coverage may be available for these situations.
What Is Livestock Mortality Insurance?
Livestock mortality insurance helps protect against the adverse financial effects of the death of a covered animal according to the policy’s terms. This coverage may be appropriate for various business types, including:
- Professional horse stables
How to Get Livestock Insurance
Contact Cornerstone Insurance Services today to get the livestock insurance coverage appropriate for your operation.